Self Portrait ,
Pastel on paper,
20 x 30
- Bernard Charoy was born on May 26th in Nant le Grand, a village in the french province of Lorraine. He was brought up in an old family of artisans, stonecutters, sculptors and cabinetmakers.
- During four years, he studied painting, drawing and lithography with painters, illustrators and poster designers in the Atelier Montmartre, Paris
1958 To 1976 :
- First drawings and illustrations executed for Dargaud editions and publications, Paris.
- Beginning of his contribution to the Figaro and Ici Paris newspapers.
- Works for Albin Michel Editions and Presse de la Cité, with the publishers Edi Monde
During the 60’s, as many painters whose main subject was the woman, Bernard Charoy drew a lot of « Pin Up ».
These works were executed either in gouache on paper or in acrylic on canvas.
These creations meant for the press magazines, were ordered specially to Bernard Charoy to be distributed by different news and magazine agencies